Saturday, January 17, 2009

Perfect Grade Strike Gundam

Perfect Grade (PG) Strike Rouge Gundam, this was the model kit that I managed to purchase from Hong Kong during my business trip 3 years ago.

I couldn’t find Strike Gundam together with  “Skygrasper + Aile Striker” so I decided to get Strike Rouge instead (because it comes bundled together). Everything is the same except for the color of the plastic kit, booklet, manuals and the dry transfer decals which I don’t mind anyway.

Since the box of this kit was super duper big, I had no choice by to check it in under “fragile” with no special packing during my trip back to KL.

I was worried sick that I won’t be finding my model kit when I was going to collect my luggage .In the end, it arrived safely right??

Anyways, I wont be doing any review on this kit as I think you guys can find a good review of this kit from [dalong.net]. Fixing this huge PG took me quite a while...since for a PG grade, every bit of the mecha is so detailed with so many individuals parts that is required to be fixed up.

Had fun fixing it and ABing it…if not mistaken, this was my 3-4 kit that I’ve decided to AB. So you can imagine the lousy finishing…I was lazy that time, therefore I only sprayed the armor parts to match the original Strike Gundam color scheme. The internal frame was left as it is.

If you notice, I broke something, the V-fin, I didn’t even notice when I broke it. So it was not possible for me to find the broken piece..not sure when I will fix it back, or even be fixing it. hahaha…

Beside that, I broke quite a few parts as well. I was actually trying to pose it with “armor hatch open” mode, but end up breaking other parts as well. Damn!!!!

Also, with the constant changing of pose, paint scratches can be found almost everywhere. Guess, I’ll have to re-paint this poor little guy..eh???

“You want a piece of me?”

No comments: