Friday, January 16, 2009

RGM-111 HARDYGUN Mobile Suit

Kit: GRM–111 HARDYGUN Mobile Suit

Grade: 1/100 NG

Series: Silhouette Formula 91

Originally Released: January 1994

HLJ.com Stock Status: Discontinued

This is my first Gundam Model Kit and i’'m glad it’s still around. While all my childhood toys are never to be found again, ever…

It’s more than 10 years old now. I bought it with my hard earn money (around RM60.00++). After my year 3 secondary school, i was working in the toy department of a small time supermarket. So i was waiting for the sales(20% off) to come and grab this kit home.

Since i was working there, any item that we buy need to be screen by the management office. And this is where the story begins….

At that time, my supervisor just gave birth, so resources was really low. Only 1 staff guarding the whole toy department (plus Cashier) during weekdays and 2-3 staff during weekends.

So you can imagine, that I was doing all the work there from being a cashier boy to managing the stock when new toys arrived, etc… So came the sales, and i was so damn happy waiting to be the customer myself of the toy department.

Maybe it was a stupid move myself. i open the receipt, took my money out from my wallet, paid to myself and deposited into the cashier. Later, I brought my kit to the management office for inspection before I can collect it back at the end of the day.

I was so happy the whole day, waiting eagerly to collect my kit. Never did i knew, i opened the receipt wrongly!!!!. it was suppose to be a 20% discount item, but i wrote it wrongly as “10%”, while the discounted price was correct. I think i’ve opened to many receipt that day with “10%”, hence the carelessness.

I don’t blame the STUPID manager for being suspicious of me. With all the explanation I gave to him, he was reluctant to releases it back to me and wanted to wait for my Supervisor to come back after her maternity leave (like after 3 months time???). I was like “WHAT THE F@*(!!!!” (opps, i think i still haven’t learn the F word yet that time…who cares!!!)

Then he dare me, ask me to find the evidence for the model i bought is really a 20% discount item and only he will release it to me. So i embarked on a journey to find the truth…took out the stock list item and scan through each and every item till i found the [HARDYGUN] kit. At that time i was able to view the cost price vs retail price…

FOUND IT!!! Records says that 2 kits was in stock. i got the last one which means that the first one has been sold already. I was praying that the kit was also purchased during sales time which would have shown the “20% discount” on the receipt.

The next phase was to scan thru all pass receipt, it was like 2-3 super big bags of receipt books, hundreds of them with 100 pages for each receipt book. Kind of like “finding a needle in the haystack”???

i wouldn’t want to emphasis on how many receipt book i hard to look for before i got it!!!!!!! i could see a grin on my face, when i saw the matching code with the writing of [20% discounted]!!!!!

Jump my ass right into the management office to look for that IDOIT again!!!! See what he has to say about it now!!!!! bwahahahaha……instead I came out from the office a sad boy again.

The JERK OFF said that there was no signature on the receipt and its consider void. Come on man!!!, of all the receipts i’ve scanned and opened, we DO NOT SIGN the receipts. Even our Supervisor don’t do that!!! Some more gave excuses as, "you yourself agreed to wait for your supervisor to come back first”…damn!!! i found evidence of my innocents man!! why do i need to wait again????

I continued working alone during the weekdays, having like only 5 mins break instead of an hour because no one will be attending to the cashier if i’m not around. when new stock arrives, i would need to unpack them as well…guess it was not a simple job right??? So one day, i got an outstation call from my supervisor’s boss. I think he knew i was working all alone and he will be coming over to see how he can add some resources. before ending the call, he ask how am i doing and is there anything he could do…

Revenge time!!!! i told him all about the stupid IDOIT JERK OFF and BOSS told me no problem. Since he will be dropping by a few days later, he will settle it for me once and for all…

i got my kit back, din i??? thanks BOSS!!!!!!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Model kit was built by my old friend 10 years ago. He helped me to paint this kit and made it so nice for me. Although you might notice some poor workmanship, but remember, he was just a kid when he ventured into gunpla. Its a waste that he stopped totally. i bet he would have become a greet sifu.

  • seam line covered with super glue ( cracking already)
  • lots of visible red stickers (he was out of red paint at that time, i can’t blame him, he did this without charging me a single $$$$…
  • kit is AB, weathered, panel lined, etc…

No comments: