Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Wall-E, My Valentin-E

Took me around 3 weeks to complete this piece of work. Just in time as my valentine’s gift for [her]. I was hoping [she] will like it, but I bet [she] loved it very much!!!!!!!! Seeing [her] smile when [she] saw the present was one of my happiest moment in my life…it meant alot to me, thanks!!!

Photobucket

eeee....v...aaaaaa


Throughout the entire process, I went through a lot of hardship, mentally and physically.

Since I’m not familiar with 3D design, I had to rely on my own imagination drawing up sketches, building prototype and then try-an-error to see if it really works. Most of the parts are scratch build from pla-plates and pla-rod.

It’s not something I’ve done before and it’s a quite tough job to be able to complete it (within such short amount of time).

My reference to build this cutie was mostly from still images as well as watching the DVD over again and again and again, and …..

[Prototype]

I first came out with a prototype made from unused cardboard. (Noticed the eye has been misplaced.)

Photobucket Photobucket



[Sketch]
Then it was back to the drawing board

Photobucket


[Hurting myself]

Accidentally cut myself twice, once before CNY and once after CNY. Both injury happen on the same finger. So unlucky, maybe I was not concentrating and my mind was wondering away.

Photobucket

[1st cut]

Photobucket
[2nd cut]


[Building]

Started this project before Chinese New Year back @ my hometown, tools and materials was limited, so I had to depend on my creativity to reuse anything I can find @ home.

I started of with the [BODY] since that was the easiest thing to do

Photobucket

Photobucket

[actual build vs prototype]

Continued with the [TRACK], the wheel part was build using my dad’s aquarium filter part covered with putty, that why u can see a black ring

Photobucket Photobucket

[HEAD] construction was one of my scariest moments, it was a trial-an-error approach and luckily I manage to pull through
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Basically this was my only process during the CNY week @ hometown.
Photobucket

Most of the remains work was rushed to completion @ KL home and was sleeping late till the wee hours.

The [NECK] was constructed from Gundam Parts (Astray Blue Frame) and with some extension to it. Used Yellow Submarine Ball joint, one of the best out there in the market.
Photobucket
Photobucket

The movement of the [ARM] is quite special for Wall-E, in order to mimic the same movement allowed, magnet was used, thanks to the brain storming session together with my Gundam modellers, I manage to pull this off as well.
Photobucket Photobucket

Inserted metal knife blades onto the body and covered with a thin strip of pla plate, this is to retain the magnetism of the arm parts.
Photobucket

Since the magnet is shaped as a rectangle, it will not be slipping away from any pose.

Photobucket

How do I construct the [FINGERS] I wan the fingers to be able to open and close. Again, I was seeing myself scratching my head until I can see dandruff falling off..hahaha..
Photobucket

The red part will be a separate part while the blue part will be able to move back and fourth.
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Since I was using pretty much of epoxy putty and with the excess portion, I started making a [Plant].


how can I miss out doing a [WATERING BUCKET] and [POT] right?
Photobucket

opps, I didn’t snap any pics of my WIP watering bucket, but guess what, I used the cover of my honey to make the flower pot and it matches perfectly.


at last, Introducing my masterpiece:

My Wall-E, My Valentin-E
Sowing the seed of love


Photobucket
Photobucket
[close up on the plant]
Photobucket
[side view]
Photobucket
[watering bucket]
Photobucket
[close up view of the body]

Hope you have enjoy it, for more information and discussion about my current work, please visit [Zero G]
lastly, would like to thanks to fellow Zero G members who gave me ideas, inspriations, tips-n-tricks, tools-n-resources and most of all your companion. Without them, i couldn't have finish this in time.
Thanks: Rayloke, Zer01717, Zero1st, Klay, Entau, Kirin, DLYH, etc...

6 comments:

janus lu said...

Cute work there. I like it. :)

Anonymous said...

bro, i'm happy to see that u received a good news from [her].. haha... good lor.. ur hardship paid well. :)

-it's z3r0717 not Zero717!!!! :p

Anonymous said...

Your gf is the most luckiest woman in the world...

acheo said...

thanks...but i think i'm the most luckiest guy to have known her as my gf...

Anonymous said...

Wall.....E! hope everything's fine!

Rayloke

-DC- said...

wahhhh salute ~
dont know how to describe just 1 word 正 !
this kinda bf hampir pupus dee lo....hehe